There are a lot of things you can half-ass in life. Folding fitted sheets. Flossing. Recycling. Keeping up on oil changes (okay, I didn’t say you should). Yes, there are myriad opportunities to half-ass in life. But the rub with adulting is that most times, you shouldn’t, because consequences. Speaking generally, there is a direct relationship between the effort you put in, and the quality of the result.
I have really good news for you, weary traveler: delicious restaurant-style salsa is not one of those things. Somehow this salsa exists, no doubt in defiance, to remind you that a few things in life are better when you put in less effort.
Canned tomatoes (whaaaat?) come together with a few friends in the blender and after a quick chill in the fridge, you have a big batch of fresh, zesty, perfect salsa ready to delight and amaze you. And others, if you should choose to share 🙂
It is a truth universally acknowledged that restaurant salsa is the best salsa. Dig in!
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1 c. cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 t. salt
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor. Use the pulse mode to chop the salsa to your chunkiness-liking. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides, if needed.
- Pour into a bowl or container for storage. Place in refrigerator and chill at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Yields around 4 cups.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze.